1 ancient pub
Population (2011) of Beyton: 713.
Local licensing authority for Beyton is Mid Suffolk.
Beyton is a quiet village with a large green, located off the A14, which was recorded in Domesday as "Begatona". The 1837 OS map shows the village as "Beighton". It also appears on John Speed's 1610 map as "Beighton".
The church tower is unusual shape.
The village green was a major stop-over point for drovers taking cattle between Bury and Ipswich. It's still home to a flock of geese which are celebrated on the village sign.