grid reference TL 609 826Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us
Burnt Fen is part of the Beck Row, Holywell Row and Kenny Hill parish
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.
last updated 18/09/2017
Burnt Fen Fish & Duckhistorical closure era: mid 20th century
closed between 1958 and 1974
The Fish & Duck is shown on the 1958 OS map but has disappeared by the 1974 sheet, so must have closed in between these dates. It actually stood a short distance inside Cambridgeshire, but we list it here as it was in the area known as Burnt Fen.
It's presumably been demolished, as no sign could be found of it in 2009.
The pub is shown on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. larger map
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.