CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.last updated 15/05/2018
Ipswich Joiners Armshistorical closure era: mid 20th century
closed 1957 (21 nov)
4 Castle St
Castle St was roughly where the New Wolsey Theatre now stands. The Ipswich licensing records and Rate books show that although listed as a beerhouse, it was only licensed for off-sales.
Demolished as part of the Civic drive development.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
The Company of Joiners were granted a coat of arms in 1571. Traditionally they were usually employed in producing more ornamental work than carpenters.