grid reference TM 301 557Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us
listed building grade II
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.
last updated 18/09/2017
Wickham Market Crownhistorical closure era: mid 20th century
closed April 9th, 1959
According to A Survey of Suffolk Parish History, the Crown was already in existence by 1640. It traded until 1959, when the license was surrendered for a payment of £250. The building is now a dental surgery.
The building dates from the 16th century, with 18th century alterations and 20th century restorations.
The pub is shown (though not named) on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. larger map
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.