grid reference TM 274 491Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us
listed building grade II
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.
last updated 19/07/2018
Woodbridge King's Arms
also traded as as: Roger's Crosshistorical closure era: mid 20th century
closed about 1968
The 1904 Woodbridge licensing records show that the King's Arms' license was issued in 1853. Whether this was when it was first licensed or when it got a full (ie not just beer) license isn't clear, though the latter seems more probable.
The King's Arms was mainly built in the early 19th century, with some early 18th century parts at the back. It now contains shops.
It's shown on this OS town plan of 1881.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)