grid reference TM 222 508Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.last updated 08/01/2017
Grundisburgh Bricklayers' Armshistorical closure era: date unknown
closed before 1905?
There is a little confusion about the location of this pub. Our map location and photograph show what seems to be the right building, based on 1911 census data, though it has also been suggested that it was actually what's now Daisy cottage (next door) or even another Daisy Cottage in Lower Road.
The sequence of entries in the census are:
- Barley Mow Lane (most likely what's now Malting Lane, as this is right next door to the Barley Mow)
- Bricklayers Arms
- Daisy Cottage
- Balcony Villa (possibly the next house to the south of Daisy Cottage, which has a balcony over the door)
- Motor Garage
- The Street
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)