CAMRA North-East Suffolk branch.last updated 26/04/2019
Lowestoft Anchor Hotel
also traded as as: Anchor Brewery Storeshistorical closure era: date unknown
155 High St
The 1910 Lowestoft Rate book has this originally as the Anchor Brewery Stores, but this is crossed out and replaced with the Anchor Hotel, so the change must have happened some time between 1910 and the 1930s. At the time the pub was owned by Bullard's.
In 1900 it's listed at 159 High st.
The last listing at number 155 was in 1891. Some buildings appear to have been demolished and this pub was locally renumbered to 159, or unnumbered, but listed before 162.
This is almost certainly Bayfields.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)