CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.last updated 08/01/2017
Stowmarket Norwich House
also traded as as: Olde Norwich House, Norwich Armshistorical closure era: Victorian / Edwardian
opened 1850 circa
17 Ipswich St
The name changed in about 1879.
It was first owned by William King (1850-58) a cabinet maker and upholsterer. It was bought by Alexander Clutterbuck in 1869 and owned by Edward Greene in 1882 and later Greene King.
The building was demolished for modern shops in the 1970s.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(detailed information from Neil Langridge - and also Brian Southgate - see their book "Stowmarket, Combs and Stowupland Pubs" published by Polstead Press in 2009)