grid reference TM 454 813Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us
CAMRA North-East Suffolk branch.last updated 18/09/2017
Uggeshall Three Horseshoeshistorical closure era: Victorian / Edwardian
opened 18th cent early
closed December 31st, 1910
Located in a timber framed house (dating from around the early 18th century) the Horseshoes closed in about 1910 due to "unruly behaviour". It was briefly owned by Adnams about the time it closed but before that it was a beer and cider house, hence the cider apple orchard behind it.
(Information supplied by Rosemary Moffatt)
It is on the Frostenden to Stoven road on a crossroads.
The pub was closed on December 31st 1910 as part of a scheme to reduce the number of "excess" alcohol licenses (no doubt the "unruly behaviour" story was a useful premise).
The pub is shown on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. larger map
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
Closure date from Blything licensing records.
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.