CAMRA North-East Suffolk branch.last updated 13/01/2017
Lowestoft Princess Royalhistorical closure era: date unknown
6 & 8 Nelson Rd
The Princess Royal is listed at this address in the 1910 Lowestoft Rate book, when it was owned by Youngman & Preston.
It was listed at the Beach in 1861 & 1881, Rant Score East in 1869, Nelson Score in 1871, and Nelson Road from 1900.
Nelson Score is now called Herring Fishery Score and an 1885 map shows a public house on the corner of Nelson Score and Old Nelson Street, which may be this pub.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)