grid reference TM 276 369
Freehouse, privately owned.
Data from the Food Standards Agency live feed.
Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us
- Mon-Thu: 1200-1500, 1700-2300
- Fri-Sat: 1200-2300
- Sun: 1200-2300
- Tue-Thu: 1200-1420, 1800-2100
- (Bank holiday Mondays only, 1200-1700)
- Fri-Sat: 1200-1500, 1800-2130
- Sun: 1200-1700 (Sunday lunch)
regular real ales
Adnams Southwold, Broadside & Ghostship
There will be a variety of guest ales.
listed building grade II
Local licensing authority for Trimley St Mary is East Suffolk
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.
last updated 28/10/2019
Trimley St Mary Mariners Free House
previously known as: Mariners Inn, New Inn, Three Mariners
Real Ale is available here
193 High Rd, IP11 0TN
The building dates from the late 18th century. The pub was originally a wooden hut on another site (possibly Gaymer's Lane). The name was changed from the New Inn to remember Thomas Cavendish, who was born in Trimley St Martin and was the first man to command a ship that deliberately circumnavigated the world (previous circumnavigators had done so accidentally). It was apparently renamed to celebrate his return to Trimley from his circumnavigation.
It was renamed from the Three Mariners to the Mariners Free House in September 2015, when it passed into new ownership.
Beer served through handpulls
Lunchtime meals (not just snacks)
Separate public bar
Traditional pub games available
Pub is accessible to disabled customers
Bus stop nearby (see public transport tab for details)
Railway station about 0.7 mile away (see public transport tab for details)
Quiet pub - no electronic games, piped music or jukebox
Beer garden or other outside drinking area
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)