app

Please note that due to the pandemic currently being allowed to run out of control, many pubs are having to close temporarily or restrict their trading hours due to staff sickness or self-isolation. Please check with the pubs if you plan to travel any distance.

Oliver Brothers

Cornard Rd, Sudbury

The Sudbury brewery was founded 1873.

Listed in the 1874 White's Suffolk Trades Directory as being operated by Oliver & Son.

The 1892 Kelly's Directory lists them as Oliver Brothers. Also listed at Bury.

1874 White's Directory: Oliver & Son as brewers & wine & spirit merchants (Cornard rd)

1891 Census: Edward Oliver, Brewer, The Brewery House, Cornard Rd., Head/Married/33/born Bury St Edmunds.

The 1900 Kelly's Directory lists Oliver Brothers as brewers & maltsters at Sudbury brewery (Cornard rd)

1911 Census: Edward Oliver, Brewer, Brewery House, Cornard Rd., Head/Married/53/born Bury St Edmunds.

The 1912 Kelly's Directory lists Oliver Brothers as brewers & ale & stout bottlers at Sudbury brewery (Cornard rd)

1916 Kelly's Directory: Oliver Brothers, brewers & ale & stout bottlers, Sudbury Brewer (Cornard Rd.)

Acquired by Greene King & Sons Ltd in 1919 (with 51 public houses)

The 1922 Kelly's Directory lists Greene King & Sons as brewers, wine & spirit merchants & mineral water manufacturers at Sudbury brewery (Cornard rd)

Brewing ceased in 1932.

Map

map
X