A report in the Ipswich Journal** on 19 Jul in 1845 states that :

Peremtory sale of Capital Brewery in Beccles in occupation of Messrs TACONS...(House description)... Brewery & Yard, with Engine Room, Washing House, Porter Shop, Store Rooms, Tun Rooms...The Copper is capable of brewing 60 coombs malt. Also a stable & part of a garden at the back thereof, Bottle House, yard...adjoining the Shipwreck Alley.

(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)