Melton Road, Melton
The brewery is shown on this old OS map from about 1902 (larger map)
In 1879 Mrs. Betsy Mallet is listed as a publican and brewer
In 1881 Betsey Mallet is listed as an Innkeeper & brewer
In 1888 Edward Smith is listed as a brewer
In 1892 Edward Smith is listed as a brewer
In 1900 Edward Smith is listed as a brewer
Sir Cuthbert Quilter's Melton Brewery Co. was formed in 1902 as the successor to the Coach and Horses Brewery which dated back to 1844.
Being a pioneer in the crusade for "pure beer" Quilter advertised it as the "Pure Ale Brewery" but it closed in 1912 (after his death).
The old brewery building is now a shop and located adjacent to the Coach & Horses pub.