Photo of Bishop, RA & C

Local licensing authority for Bury St Edmunds is West Suffolk

Bishop, RA & C brewery

65 Guildhall St

Overview | Gallery | Map

Founded by 1864 as Saracens Head Brewery behind a pub of the same name.

Listed in trade directories in 1874 and 1892.

Registered as Bishop & Co.

In 1900 Bishop & Co are listed as brewers, Maltsters, hop, wine & spirit merchants (at Saracen's Head hotel)

Bankrupt and offered for auction together with 5 pubs in Dec 1901.