Set up email newsletters
Although the government has now allowed pubs to reopen, many are still unable to do so safely, while most if not all are only able to accommodate limited numbers of customers. Many of them are still reliant on providing takeaway food and/or drinks. Some offer deliveries, while others are selling from the premises. This page lists details of those we know about.
If you can give any of our pubs some support through these difficult times by buying some takeaway food or drink, please do so. Our pubs need as much support as possible if they're going to still be there for us when the crisis is over.
The Suffolk Pubs guide can send you a monthly newsletter about pubs and breweries in the county. As we're also running a historic pub research project, your newsletter can (if you want) also include news about what we've been finding out.
A limited amount of this information is also available via our Twitter feeds - see the menu.
Under the terms of the General Data Processing Regulation (GDPR), we must obtain your explicit consent to use the information you supply us with. Click here to read our statement of what data we hold and how we use it.
Current pub news includes
- General news about Suffolk pubs & breweries.
- News about CAMRA in Suffolk.
- Ipswich Real Ale Runabout schedules.
- News about this website: changes to the way it works, new features, etc.
- Forthcoming local beer festivals.
- Pub news
- Pubs that have closed.
- Pubs that have re-opened (or are expected to do so soon).
- Pubs with new photographs.
- Pubs that have stopped selling Real Ale.
- Former keg-only pubs now selling Real Ale.
- Pubs where other details have changed.
Historical news includes
- News about any research of particular interest that we've been doing.
- Newly discovered historical pubs.
- Old pubs whose location we've managed to locate.
- Old pubs with new photographs.
- Old pubs with updated information.
Data processing (GDPR) statement
Data we hold
- Your email address.
- Your password (encrypted).
- Your subscription type.
- Your preferred email format.
- Whether or not you have confirmed your subscription.
Who we share your data with
- Nobody. Unless we have to in order to comply with a legal requirement.
What we use your data for
- To send you our monthly news email, in accordance with your chosen options.
- (Very rarely) to inform you of important changes to the mailout or anything we are legally required to inform you of.
Deleting your data
Please log in on this page and cancel your subscription. Your details will immediately be removed from our live database. Please note though that it may take a while for backups taken by our hosting company to reflect this change; this is something we cannot control.