1 Real Ale pub
1 Fizz-only pub
Population (2011) of Bardwell: 785.
Local licensing authority for Bardwell is West Suffolk.
Bardwell is a village near the river Blackbourne, which was recorded in Domesday as "Beordewella". It appears on John Speed's 1610 map as "Berdwell".
The church contains some fine 15th century glass; an early Tudor guildhall stands next to it. Bardwell Mill lost its sails in the great storm of 1987, they were restored in 2010.
Drainage works at Mill Farm in 1970 unearthed a hoard of seven Romano-British pewter dishes.
According to the village website, in 1855 there were two pubs (the Green Man and Six Bells) and three beerhouses (one of which was the Dun Cow). So we have two more to find.
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)