The address of this page (and the entire website) has changed and the old address will soon cease to exist. Please adjust your bookmarks accordingly.
Population (2011) of Fressingfield: 1021.
Local licensing authority for Fressingfield is Mid Suffolk.
Fressingfield is a large village, recorded in Domesday as "Fessefelda" and shown on John Speed's 1610 map as "Fresenfeld". Locals still pronounce the village name as "Fresenfeld".
The old village guildhall has been converted into the Fox & Goose.
In the churchyard can be found the tomb of William Sandcroft, a former Archbishop of Canterbury and one of seven bishops imprisoned for revolting against James II; he was later sacked by William III.
One notable Fressingfield resident in the 1960s was electronic music pioneer Tristram Carey, who built an electronic music studio at his home at Wood Farm, on the Metfield Road. He composed much music for radio, television and films, including such well-known TV series as Doctor Who* and films such as The Lady Killers.
* Not the famous theme tune though; that was composed by Ron Grainer.