Close to RAF Wattisham, Great Bricett is quieter now that helicopters are based there rather than Lightnings or Phantoms. It was recorded in Domesday as "Brieseta". The church was formerly an Augustinian priory founded about 1114. The nearby hall dates from about 1250.
Mill Lane marks the site of a smock mill, which was destroyed in September 1954.
Little Bricett no longer exists as a discrete entity; it's now part of Offton.
The 1869 Kelly's Directory lists John Thorp as a beer retailer (also listed as a farmer).
The 1871 Census lists John Thorpe (Farmer, not shown as publican, Beer House, not named, Head/Married/60y/born Bricett) [the Red Lion?]
At the Needham Market Petty Sessions held in May 1875, the license of a beer house (unnamed) in Great Bricett, was transferred from John Thorpe to Frederick Minns. Ipswich Journal, May 1875**
The 1881 Census lists Frederic Minns (Beerhouse Keeper, pub not named, Head/Married/31y/born Offton) [probably the Red Lion?]
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.