Barningham is an expanding village on the edge of the Brecks. It was recorded in Domesday as "Barnicham" and appears on John Speed's 1610 map as "Beringham".
James Fison, founder of the now international pharmaceutical company, owned two windmills here in late 18th century. His son built an early steam powered mill (now moved to the US).
The Swan pub, originally in Barningham, is now in Coney Weston, due to boundary changes.
The 1844 White's Directory lists Mary Frost and Robert Stimson as beer sellers.
The 1855 White's Directory lists James Hickerson (wheelwright) as a beer seller.
The 1869 Kelly's Directory lists Henry Whittaker as a beer retailer (in later years he's shown at the Coney Weston Swan)
The 1871 Census also lists Rebecca Cook (Publican, pub not named, Head/Widow/55/born Coney Weston) [The Swan, Coney Weston?]