The address of this page (and the entire website) has changed and the old address will soon cease to exist. Please adjust your bookmarks accordingly.
8 closed premises
Population (2011) of Hundon: 1894.
Local licensing authority for Hundon is West Suffolk.
Hundon is a large, spread-out parish with a number of small centres of population, recorded in Domesday as "Hunedana" or "Huenendana" and appearing on John Speed's 1610 map as "Honedon". The main settlement lies on the valley side above a tributary of the River Stour. There are several isolated greens, including Brockley Green, the site of the Plough, and some well-restored housing from several periods. A hoard of 200 Anglo-Saxon coins were once discovered in the churchyard.
Highpoint prison stands on the site of the former RAF Stradishall which, confusingly, was actually located within the Hundon boundary. The windmill that used to be located near Mill Road is long gone; the only sign of it is a cropmark.
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.