pulling together logo

Reopened pubs

As pubs across the county are starting to reopen, we're trying to collate a comprehensive list of those that have reopened or are close to it. Our list can be found on this page.

Although the government has now allowed pubs to reopen, many are still unable to do so safely, while most if not all are only able to accommodate limited numbers of customers. Many of them are still reliant on providing takeaway food and/or drinks. Some offer deliveries, while others are selling from the premises. This page lists details of those we know about.

If you can give any of our pubs some support through these difficult times by buying some takeaway food or drink, please do so. Our pubs need as much support as possible if they're going to still be there for us when the crisis is over.


Pub(s) known to have reopened after lockdown (or close to reopening)

Please tell us if you know of any pubs which have reopened after lockdown that we don't list here.

Lawshall is one of the most dispersed villages in Suffolk, listed in Domesday as "Lawessela". It appears on John Speed's 1610 map as "Lawſhill".

A Bronze age sword was once excavated locally and is now on display in Bury Museum. Elizabeth I visited the Hall in 1578. A neighbouring Catholic family, the Rockwoods, also invited the monarch to visit. The crown's reply was to imprison one of the family in Bury Gaol, where he subsequently died. A later member of the family was executed for involvement in the Gunpowder Plot.



The 1844 White's Directory lists ?? James, Robert ?? and Thos. ?? (wheelwright) as beer house keepers.

The 1851 census lists:

Maurie Adams, shoemaker, not shown as publican, Beer House, Head/Married/31/born Bricet.

Barzilla Armstrong, watchmaker and beerhouse keeper, Head. Married/30/born Lawshall.

The 1855 White's Directory lists Mrs Adams, John Martin, Samuel Morley, George Smith and Charles Talbott as beer house keepers.

The 1861 census lists Charles Double, Beerhouse, Head/Married/45/born Horningsheath.…