Population (2011) of Tattingstone: 540.
Local licensing authority for Tattingstone is Babergh.
A parish with 3 distinct settlements. The main settlement houses the church, Tattingstone Park and the former Stamford House of Industry, or Workhouse (1766-1930) more recently this site was used as St Mary's hospital until it was redeveloped for housing in 1991. Tattingstone Heath is located on the A137 whilst a small hamlet close to the White Horse is connected to the rest of the parish by Lemons Hill bridge over the western end of Alton reservoir. Tattingstone Wonder (see gallery) is a strange folly built in about 1790 for local Squire, Edward White, who then lived in the Hall. Originally a pair of cottages, a third was added together with a mock church tower and facade to give his neighbours "something to wonder at".
Tattingstone was recorded in Domesday as "Tatituna" or "Tatistuna". John Speed's 1610 map shows it as Tatingston".