The address of this page (and the entire website) has changed and the old address will soon cease to exist. Please adjust your bookmarks accordingly.
1 Real Ale pub
Population (2011) of Thorndon: 648.
Local licensing authority for Thorndon is Mid Suffolk.
This village still has some fine rustic cottages. Moat Farm once had a fine set of fish ponds with an outlook platform to guard them from the unwanted attention of local herons.
An early Medieval cemetery has been uncovered at White House Farm. A post mill dating from 1797 stood in The Street until it was hit by lightning in 1923 and demolished.
Kerrison Reformatory was once a school for wayward children and was located in the parish from its formation in 1856 to 1973, when it became a Community Home.
The war memorial forms a triptych of tablets in the church's lych gate (two for the Great War, one for WW2).
Thorndon was recorded in Domesday as "Tornduna", "Torneduna!" or "Torentuna".
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.