The address of this page (and the entire website) has changed and the old address will soon cease to exist. Please adjust your bookmarks accordingly.
1 Real Ale pub
7 closed premises
1 ancient pub
Closed brewery (post-1970)
Population (2011) of Wickhambrook: 1191.
Local licensing authority for Wickhambrook is West Suffolk.
This parish comprises 11 greens, scattered over 5 miles of rolling boulder clay countryside. The settlement is diverse, with a good mixture of old and new. The external wall of the church features a stone carving of an Anglo-Saxon figure holding a sword and shield. The village was recorded in Domesday as "Wicham". The village appears on John Speed's 1610 map as "Wyckham brooke".
Bullock's Mill was a post mill built at Thorns about 1830. It was demolished about 1914; some remains can still be seen. Another mill stood on the road towards Hargrave until 1920. A third mill dating from the 18th century, stood in the south of the parish near Denston until 1969.
Lidstone's brewed in Wickhambrook between 1998 and 2002, when they moved to North Yorkshire and became Wensleydale brewery.
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.