Ashfield cum Thorpe
Now a dry parish. This small hamlet is recorded in Domesday as "Assefelda".
Although the Swan is recorded as early as 1844, A Survey of Suffolk Parish History tells us that an inn holder was recorded as far back as 1650; whether or not this was the same inn is unknown.
The church was rebuilt in 1853 in brick after laying in ruins for over a century.
We have so far been unable to find a map showing the boundary between Ashfield and Thorpe, so only the parish boundary appears on our map.