Until local government reorganisation in 1974, Burgh Castle was part of Suffolk, so we include it in the Suffolk Real Ale Guide for historical interest.
There are two public houses (Fisherman's Bar and Church Farm) in the parish which have opened since the boundary change; we don't have listings for these as they never operated while Burgh Castle was in Suffolk.
The 1891-92 White's Directory lists a beer retailer as George Buck. [1891 Census George Buck (Farmer & Grocer, The Shop, Butt Way, not shown as pub or publican, Head/Married/60y/born Saxlingham, Norfolk)]
The 1900 Kelly's Directory lists a beer retailer called Hy. Crowe (& shopkeeper).
The 1912 Kelly's Directory lists a beer retailer called William Howes (& grocer). [1911 Census William Howes (Shopkeeper & Carrier, Butt Lane, not shown as pub or publican, Head/Married/52y/born Norwich, Norfolk)]…