Please tell us if you know of any pubs here ready to reopen when outdoors service is permitted.
Horham was reported in Domesday as "Horant" or "Horam". There are some houses that are known to have been built in the 15th cent. The old Dragon Inn - now known as Dragon House - is believed to date back to about 1525. A post mill stood a short distance west of Church Farm Close from 1730 until its demolition in 1933.
Horham Station, which stood on Worlingworth Road near the junction of with Athelington Road, was on the Mid-Suffolk Line (Middy) which ran from Haughley to Laxfield. The old station building has been moved to Mangapps Farm Railway Museum in Essex.
Chapel House was home to Benjamin Britten after he moved there from Aldeburgh in 1971. The music studio he built in the garden, where he composed Death in Venice, Phaedra and the Third String Quartet, was listed by English Heritage in 2002.
RAF Horham was home to the USAF 95th Bomb Group from June 1943 flying B17s they were become one of the most famous groups in the 8th Air Force - eventually receiving 3 Distinguished Unit Citations - the only group to receive such honours. By April 1945 they had flown 321 missions for the loss of 157 aircraft in action and 39 other operational losses…
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.
(Some details from "Suffolk Airfields in WW2" by Graham Smith)