Now a dry parish. A very remote and rural village where visitors may find their way to the impressive Tannington Hall, a moated Tudor farmhouse and working farm.
Recorded in Domesday as "Tatintuna" and on John Speed's 1610 map as "Tanyngton"
On summer days many have found a route here to participate in horse-drawn carriage drives to local pubs.
A report in the Ipswich Journal*** on 11 Sep 1756 states : Ref to Giles Fish providing Dinner at Tannington Green - no pub mentioned but infers that there is only one there.