Houses straggle along the main road and at nearby Willisham Tye. St Mary's church is one of the first buildings seen, and it is visible from a long way off. The Limeburners pub is actually located in this parish but is usually described as being in Offton.
The Offton Shoulder of Mutton was originally in a detached part of Willisham, but was incorporated into Offton about 1890.
The village was recorded in Domesday as "Willaluesham".