All Saints & St Nicholas South Elmham
Estimated population (2010) of All Saints & St Nicholas South Elmham: 233.
Local licensing authority for All Saints & St Nicholas South Elmham is East Suffolk.
About All Saints & St Nicholas South Elmham
The parish of All Saints was united with St Nicholas in 1557. By 1620 St Nicholas's church was abandoned, and in 1737 the combined parish of South Elmham All Saints-cum-St Nicholas was formed based at All Saints. They are two of a group of settlements to south of Bungay known as "the Saints". South Elmham was recorded in Domesday variously as "Almeham", "Almaham", "Halmeham" and "Elmeham". Fortunately for us, its spelling has settled down since then.
A small mill stood in Uncle's Lane. It stopped had working before 1883. It was demolished during the Great War; what's left is used as a chicken shed.
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.