Kenny Hill

app
close

Important Covid information

The first tranche of pubs (those able to serve outdoors) have now reopened. The rest of our pubs will be permitted to reopen from May 17th.

Pubs providing takeaways continue to be listed on this page.

Those known to have reopened or to be planning to reopen as soon as permitted are listed on this page.

Introduction

This is a remote and isolated area of Beck Row parish. It must have been more populous in the past; the war memorial records 17 men lost to Burnt Fen and Kenny Hill in the Great War.

Also see Beck Row, Burnt Fen, Holywell Row, West Row and Mildenhall. We have so far been unable to find a map showing the boundary of Kenny Hill, so only the Mildenhall parish boundary appears on our map.

The Pig & Whistle in Burnt Fen may also be mentioned in Kenny Hill.

Gallery

thumbnail

History

The 1874 White's Directory also lists John Shinkin (Mildenhall Fen) as a beer house keeper.

The 1888 Kelly's Directory also lists Nathaniel Fincham as a beer retailer.

The 1891-92 White's Directory also lists Nehemiah Fineham (& farmer) as a beer house keeper.

The 1900 Kelly's Directory also lists Wm. Hy. Payne as a beer retailer.

The 1912 Kelly's Directory also lists James Butcher (Labourer's Rest?) as a beer retailer.

The 1922 Kelly's Directory also lists James Butcher (Labourer's Rest?) as a beer retailer.

X