Now a dry parish. Less often, but more formally, known as Wissington. It seems likely that Wiston and Wissington were once separate settlements (the "ing" infix denoting a settlement formed by people from the original one), but are now considered one village.
This is a sparsely-populated village, shown on John Speed's 1610 map as "Wyſton".
The watermill dates from roughly the 18th century but is now residential. Some of the 19th century machinery still exists.
In 1896 Dr Jane Walker bought 2 local farms and founded the East Anglian Sanatorium in Wiston. This opened in 1901 for private patients and soon another block for free patients was added. A children's block was also built. The Sanatorium continued to treat TB (Tuberculosis) until the disease was eradicated in the 1950s, when it closed. Part of the site was used as a hospital for mentally handicapped people until it closed in 1991.
In 1865 Henry Hawes (shopkeeper) is listed as a beer retailer.
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.