Now a dry parish. This small scattered settlement in a very rural area of the county which is dominated by farming. Recorded in Domesday as "Wiuert(h)estuna" and on John Speed's 1610 map as "Wiuerſton".
Hill Barn lies on the site of the former Wyverstone Hall.
In 2014 the village made national headlines when parish council chairman Jim Arnold was charged with firearms offences after the police found the largest cache of weapons ever discovered in the UK, hidden in his house. Arnold died before he came to trial, taking to his grave, leaving behind the mystery of what he had been planning.
The 1844 White's Directory also lists a beer house run by Wm. Townsend (& tinner).
The 1855 White's Directory also lists a beer house run by James Nicholls. [Listed as farmer in Old Parsonage Rd. in 1851 census]
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.