In the light of the government announcement of March 20th, all pubs are now closed until further notice.
However, a number of pubs are providing takeaway food and/or drinks during the lockdown. Some offer deliveries, while others are selling from the premises. This page lists details of those we know about.
If you can give any of our pubs some support through these difficult times by buying some takeaway food or drink, please do so. Our pubs need as much support as possible if they're going to still be there for us when the crisis is over.
You can now buy beer from many pubs and breweries via CAMRA's new Brew2You app. Click on the logo to download the app.
Recorded in Domesday as "Brocfort" and on John Speed's 1610 map as "Brokford", today the village is a twin parish with adjacent Wetheringsett.
The 'Middy', that's to say, the Mid-Suffolk Light Railway museum is located here, at one of its former stations. Originally running from Haughley to Laxfield (19 miles) the line opened to freight in 1905 and passengers in 1908 but was always in financial trouble, being bankrupt before it opened, and despite various initiatives subsequently closed in 1952. The museum is open throughout the summer months, especially at Easter and from May to September. It also organises regular "beer on the rails" events.
We've so far been unable to find a map showing the boundary between Brockford and Wetheringsett, so our map only shows the parish boundary.
In tthe 1844 White's Directory a beer house is listed, run by Peter Crowe.
In 1855 White's Directory a beer house is listed, run by Ephriam Crowe.
In 1865 Ephraim Crowe is listed as a beer retailer (and as a farmer).
In 1874 White's Directory Ephraim Crowe is listed as a beer house keeper (and as a farmer).
The 1918 Hartismere licensing record shows William Charles Smith and Walter William Ager running unnamed beerhouses in Wetheringsett cum Brockford. Smith's license was allowed to lapse in 1921.