The address of this page (and the entire website) has changed and the old address will soon cease to exist. Please adjust your bookmarks accordingly.
Brockford is part of Wetheringsett-cum-Brockford parish.
Population (2011) of Wetheringsett-cum-Brockford parish: 669.
Local licensing authority for Brockford is Mid Suffolk.
Recorded in Domesday as "Brocfort" and on John Speed's 1610 map as "Brokford", today the village is a twin parish with adjacent Wetheringsett.
The 'Middy', that's to say, the Mid-Suffolk Light Railway museum is located here, at one of its former stations. Originally running from Haughley to Laxfield (19 miles) the line opened to freight in 1905 and passengers in 1908 but was always in financial trouble, being bankrupt before it opened, and despite various initiatives subsequently closed in 1952. The museum is open throughout the summer months, especially at Easter and from May to September. It also organises regular "beer on the rails" events.
We've so far been unable to find a map showing the boundary between Brockford and Wetheringsett, so our map only shows the parish boundary.