Carlton Colville is a modern sprawling suburb of Lowestoft and Oulton Broad. The East Anglia Transport museum in Chapel Road features many historical vehicles and is a popular tourist attraction. Carlton Colville was recorded in Domesday as "Carletuna" and "Karletun".
A Saxon burial with Roman jewellery was unearthed on Blood Moor in 1758.
The Lady of the Lake in Oulton Broad is historically listed in Carlton Colville.
The 1861 Census lists Charles Cutten (Fishmonger, not shown as publican, Ale House, Beccles Road, Head/Married/39y/born Carlton Colville).
The 1865 Kelly's Directory lists William Bird (& farmer) and Samuel Goss Roberts (also listed as a shoe maker) as beer retailers.
The 1869 Kelly's Directory lists George Bullen (Mutford bridge) and Samuel Goss Roberts (also listed as a shoe maker) as beer retailers.
The 1874 White's Directory lists William Jordan (Ship corner) and Mrs Jane Roberts as beer house keepers.
The 1881 Census lists John Harper (Fisherman, not shown as publican, Beer House, pub not nam…
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.