Badingham is a scattered village, close to the A1120. Most of the village sits along Low Street, which has the pub at its southern end and the church to the north.
Badingham was recorded in Domesday as "Badincham" and appears on John Speed's 1610 map as "Baddingham".
At one time, Badingham races were a regular feature on a makeshift racetrack opposite the White Horse.
Finds of Iron Age and Roman pottery south of the church suggest the possible existence of an old settlement there. The Grade 1 listed church contains an exquisite Seven Sacraments font. Unusually, the aisle is on a slope.
Although the village sign bears the date 2012, it was actually installed in September 2013. Sadly, since its installation it has already been allowed to deteriorate and by 2019 was little more than a lump of rust.
The 1844 White's Directory lists two beer houses, run by Joseph Bishop and Hannah Fleming.
The 1855 White's Directory lists a beer house run by Hannah Fleming.
White House [not White Horse] is listed in the 1901 Census: Caroline Garrard ((Husband) Wine & Spirit Merchant, White House, Head/Married/32y/born Leyton, Essex) with Albert Garrard (White House, Son/Single/2y/born Camberwell, London). [Probably offsales only.]
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.