app

West Row Plough

West Row Plough

North, 52.35112,0.46056

Closed: unknown, certainly before 1997.

96 Church Rd

grid reference TL 676 754

The older Plough is shown on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century (interactive map) which appears to have been demolished at about the same time. The 1973 OS map does show this building as a pub, though it doesn't name it.

old OS map

Perusal of old maps shows that the building in our photograph was not the original Plough and was actually built some time between 1958 and 1973.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X