grid reference TM 161 445
The Sickle was demolished to make way for the Corn Exchange.
It's also listed as being in Lower King Street and Prince's Street.
The Wheatsheaf may be an earlier name for this pub.
Mr T Noble, landlord of the Sickle Inn, had been granted an extension to open at 5am, but as this house was about to be demolished the extension in time was transferred to the King's Arms.Ipswich Journal, May 1880**
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)