Closed between 1970 and 2000
grid reference TM 365 745
The current building dates from about 1830; it was built on the site of an earlier inn.
It was still open at least as late as 1967, which is as far as we've been able to trace licensing records.
The Bell is shown on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map
A Petty sessions for part of the Hundred of Blything for the hiring and retaining of servants, will be held at the Three Tuns and Bell in Walpole on Fri 27 inst., by order of the chief constable, where all gentlemen and others meet with a hearty welcome by their humble servants, Simon Alexander and Wm Annes. Dinner at one o clock. Ipswich Journal, 21 Sep 1782
Notice to debtors …all persons in any way indebted to William Annis, late of Walpole … innkeeper at his decease.…
NOTE: A messuage equates to a dwelling-house and may include outbuildings, orchard, curtilage or court-yard and garden - this may have been an earlier structure to the current property.