Closed: about 1870
grid reference TM 422 907 (approximate location)
As well as the Ravensmere address, the Plough has also been found reported in Newgate Street and Gaol Street (Pigot's 1840).
The Beccles Brewery was sold with a house, gardens, building plots, a hotel [Kings Head] and 32 public houses previously owned by Frederick William Farr, at the Kings Head in Beccles on 28 Apr 1852. See Suffolk Archives Ref: 559/1 - This sale included the Plough, Ravensmeer, Beccles [landlord Jeremiah Godbold]
Died on the 8th February 1865, at Beccles, aged 65, Mr John Ayers, landlord of the Plough Inn. Ipswich Journal, Feb 1865**
Mary Ann Ayers, landlady of the Plough, Beccles, told the court that James Jordan and John Playford, came into her house at about 10.30pm, not only did they insult her but turned out her gas and performed very filthy and nasty tricks. She requested them to leave but they would not do so…
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)