app

Bedingfield Red Lion

Bedingfield Red Lion

also traded as Lion

closed 1960

Hall Rd

grid reference TM 179 676

The Red Lion closed during the summer of 1960.

According to A Survey of Suffolk Parish History, the pub was called the Lion in 1844 but had changed to the Red Lion by 1891.

The pub is shown on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map

old OS map

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

Closure date from the Hoxne licensing records.

(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)

(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X