Due to the latest government regulations, pubs currently have to close by 10pm. Opening hours displayed on this page may not take account of this change.
closed 20th April 1935
grid reference TM 400 737
In the historic photos the main sign declares "Colchester Brewing Company Ltd"
The Swan closed in 1935, when Lacon's Brewery transferred the license to the Pakefield Jolly Sailors.
Thomas Flegg was a witness in a case of theft of a purse belonging to James Sawyer, gamekeeper.Ipswich Journal, July 5th 1851** (when Thomas Flegg was landlord)
Halesworth Petty Sessions December 14th 1860. Samuel Burrell late of Bramfield, innkeeper, was charged with receiving 17cwt of hops the property of Thomas George and committed to take trial at the next sessions, a second charge of stealing seven bottles of wine was dismissed.Ipswich Journal, December 1860**
Halesworth Petty Sessions December 19th 1860. Samuel Benstead, of Bramfield applied to have the license to the Swan Inn, Bramfield, (lately occupied by Samuel Burrell) indorsed to him…
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)