app

Brandon George

Brandon George

closed 18th January 1913

George St

grid reference TL 785 864

The location for the White Lion is also where the George Inn is located after 1864.

It's also listed at Market Hill (1844 & 1855) and White Lion Street (in 1869 & 1874).

The pub is shown on this old OS map from about 1903 (interactive map)

old OS map

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

(* historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

(1872 BSE Record Office details & Slater's Royal National and Commercial Directory 1850 from Ken Griffin)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X