CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.last updated 30/12/2019
Bury St Edmunds Admirals Headhistorical closure era: Victorian / Edwardian
56 Long Brackland
The Admiral's Head has been demolished.
Long Brackland used to stretch along what's now St John Street, so the pub may have been there. The building we think it was seems to have been replaced by a relatively new building.
The pub is listed at number 56 by 1888 and number 63 by 1891 (Not present numbering). In 1901 it is listed before 64 & 65 Long Brackland, Bakers Terrace and 66 & 67 Long Brackland, which suggests that it was almost opposite the Britannia, on the south side of Long Brackland.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(* historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)