app

Bury St Edmunds Green Dragon

Bury St Edmunds Green Dragon

52.2435,0.71206

Closed before 1840

Guildhall St

grid reference TL 852 640

The Green Dragon has been demolished.

Map

map
expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

Footnote

The green dragon may be a reference to the Earl of Pembroke and appears on their coat of arms. William de la Pole, 1st Duke of Suffolk was an important medieval English soldier and commander in the Hundred Years' War and later Lord Chamberlain of England. He was created Earl of Pembroke in 1447 and Duke of Suffolk in 1448.

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(** report reproduced with kind permission from Foxearth & District Local History Society)

(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

X