app

Bury St Edmunds Hunted Stag

Bury St Edmunds Hunted Stag

also traded as Lamb & Flag

closed 1929

33 St John's St

grid reference TL 852 646

The core of the building dates from the 17th century; it was extended in the 18th and early 20th centuries.

The pub is shown (though not named) on this OS town plan of 1885.

old OS map

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)

(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

X