app

Bury St Edmunds Plough

Bury St Edmunds Plough

closed 1917

opened pre-1759

83-84 Southgate St

grid reference TL 860 633

The building dates from the 15th century, with 16th and 17th century alterations. The façade dates from the early 9th century.

The Plough is listed at 61 Southgate Street (in 1839), and later at 63 & 64 Southgate Street.

It's shown on this OS town plan of 1855.

old OS map

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)

(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

(*** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

X