app

Bury St Edmunds Three Goats' Heads

Bury St Edmunds Three Goats' Heads

also traded as Three Goates, Three Goats

Due to the latest government regulations, pubs currently have to close by 10pm. Opening hours displayed on this page may not take account of this change.

Closed 1950s

17 & 18 Guildhall St

grid reference TL 852 639

The pub is also listed at 14 Guildhall Street (1844 & 1855). It was recorded as the Three Goates in 1912. The building dates from the early 15th century.

The Listed Buildings Register confirms the identity of this building.

It's shown (though not named) on this OS town plan of 1885.

old OS map

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)

(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

(*** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

X